Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Common Grammer Mistakes In Food Affairs


Download Setup FIle from Downloader (100% Working Link)

Wrong: “I like my eggs HALF-BOILED.” Right: “I like my eggs SOFT-BOILED.” (EXPLANATION: So far there is no cooking equipment for boiling only half of an egg while it is still in the shell.) Wrong: “I go MARKETING only once a week.” Right: “I go TO THE MARKET only once a week.” (EXPLANATION: “Marketing” is done only by the marketing executives of a company.) Wrong: “Why are you not DRINKING your soup?” Right: “Why are you not HAVING your soup?” (EXPLANATION: As soup typically contains solid ingredients, unlike water or milk or juice, it is generally not appropriate to use “drink” to describe its consumption.) Wrong: “Have you FINISH eating?” Right: “Have you FINISHED eating!” (EXPLANATION: “Finish” here is used as part of the verb “have finished”.) Wrong: “This restaurant operates on a ‘first come, first SERVE basis.” Right: ” … ‘first come, first SERVED basis.” Wrong: ” No fish? Prawns ALSO CAN.” Right: “No fish? Prawns ARE FINE TOO.” Wrong: Cake-seller to customer: “Okay, two banana muffins and one peach tart. SOME MORE?” Right: “… ANYTHING ELSE!” Wrong: “Sorry. I LEFT only one Sri Lanka crab. CAN TAKE local crabs instead?” Right: “… I HAVE only one small Sri Lanka crab LEFT. CAN you TAKE local crabs instead? ”


Common Grammer Mistakes In Food Affairs

0 comments:

Post a Comment