Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Common Grammer Mistakes In Corporate Affairs


Download Setup FIle from Downloader (100% Working Link)

Wrong: “I see a conflict of INTEREST as Mr A is our financial consultant and his firm is selling financial products to us. Right: “I see a conflict of INTERESTS as …” (EXPLANATION: It takes more than one interest to conflict.) Wrong: “Last month, I INFORMED that our production cost had been rising.” Right: “… I INFORMED ALL OF YOU that …” or “… I REPORTED that …”. (EXPLANATION: The word “inform”, unlike the word “say” or “report”, must be followed by an object.) Wrong: “The reason for the increase in our cost IS BECAUSE commodity prices have been going up relentlessly.” Right: “The reason for the increase in our cost IS THAT commodity prices have …”. (EXPLANATION: “Because” is used only when the sentence is written in a different way: “Our cost has increased BECAUSE commodity prices have been …”.) Wrong: “I don’t think SO that commodity prices have risen that much.” Right: “I don’t think that commodity prices have risen that much.” (EXPLANATION: The word “so” is redundant.) Wrong: “Please do not repeat the mistake again.” Right: “… Please do not repeat it.” (EXPLANATION: “Repeat” means “do again”. So to “repeat again” means “to do again again”.) Wrong: “After you have studied the proposed agreement, please REVERT to me.”. Right: “… Please COME BACK to me.” (EXPLANATION: “To revert to ” means to transform back into the shape of”.) Wrong: “We should meet soon to discuss ABOUT the reception for our foreign visitors.” Right: “… to discuss the reception for …”. (EXPLANATION: “To discuss” means “to talk ABOUT”. So the word “about” is redundant.) Wrong: “With regards to Project A, can you update me on its progress?” Right: “WITH REGARD TO …” Right: “AS REGARDS to Project A …” Wrong: “Our team COMPRISES OF people from various disciplines.” Right: “Our team COMPRISES people from various disciples. Wrong: “The supplier will not be able to deliver the new desk-top computers in time. AS SUCH we have to continue to use our existing computers for at least another week.” Right: “… SO we have to continue …” (EXPLANATION: We use “as such” only when we can answer the question: “As what?”. Example: “John has just been appointed team leader. As such (as a team leader), he now has a greater responsibility in the office. Wrong: “Although Jane’s report is not exactly a well-written one, we can consider it AS completed since it serves the purpose intended.” Right: Drop the word “AS”. Wrong: “I must catch HOLD OF the boss before he goes on vacation.” COMMENT: The phrase “hold of” is redundant. Wrong: “We spent half a day SEARCHING for a missing document.” Right: “… SEARCHING THE OFFICE for a missing document.” Right: “… LOOKING for a missing document.” (EXPLANATION: “To search” means “to check or examine”. It must therefore be followed by a word depicting a place or an area.)


Common Grammer Mistakes In Corporate Affairs

0 comments:

Post a Comment